MacOS is known for its sleek design and user-friendly interface, but did you know that it also offers a range of shortcut keyboard options that can make your daily tasks much simpler? Whether you’re a student, a business professional, or just someone who loves efficiency, these shortcuts are guaranteed to save you time and effort.
What Are Shortcut Keyboards?
Shortcut keyboards are combinations of keys that allow you to perform tasks quickly and easily. Instead of clicking through menus or using your mouse to navigate, you can use these shortcuts to access the same functions with just a few keystrokes. This not only saves time, but also reduces the strain on your wrist and fingers that can result from repetitive clicking and scrolling.
Common MacOS Keyboard Shortcuts
Here are some of the most commonly used MacOS keyboard shortcuts:
- Command + C: Copy selected text or item
- Command + X: Cut selected text or item
- Command + V: Paste copied or cut text or item
- Command + Z: Undo last action
- Command + A: Select all text or items
- Command + F: Find text or item
- Command + Shift + N: Create new folder
- Command + Shift + 3: Take a screenshot of entire screen
- Command + Shift + 4: Take a screenshot of selected area
Customizing Your MacOS Keyboard Shortcuts
While the default MacOS shortcuts are useful, you may find that you use certain functions more frequently than others. In this case, you can customize your shortcuts to suit your needs. Here’s how:
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard, then Shortcuts.
- Select the function you want to customize.
- Click on the existing shortcut and enter the new shortcut you want to use.
By customizing your shortcuts, you can streamline your workflow and make your daily tasks even more efficient.
Using Third-Party Shortcut Keyboards on MacOS
In addition to the default MacOS shortcuts, there are also a number of third-party shortcut keyboards available. These keyboards offer even more customization options and can be tailored to your specific needs. Some popular third-party shortcut keyboards for MacOS include:
- Alfred: A productivity app that allows you to launch apps, search the web, and perform other tasks with just a few keystrokes.
- Keyboard Maestro: A powerful automation app that allows you to create custom macros and trigger them with keyboard shortcuts.
- BetterTouchTool: A utility app that allows you to customize your keyboard, mouse, and trackpad gestures to perform a range of functions.
Whether you’re a power user or just looking to simplify your daily tasks, these third-party shortcut keyboards can be a valuable addition to your MacOS workflow.
Shortcut keyboards are a simple but effective way to boost your productivity and simplify your daily tasks on MacOS. Whether you’re using the default shortcuts or customizing your own, these keystrokes can save you time and reduce the strain on your wrists and fingers. So why not give them a try and see how they can enhance your MacOS experience?